- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook venison, onion, green pepper and mushrooms in oil until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, punch dough down. Roll out each loaf into a 16×8-in. rectangle; cut in half widthwise. Brush 1/2 tablespoon Italian dressing over each square to within 1 in of edges. On half of each square, mound a fourth of the venison mixture, cheddar cheese, mozzarella and pepperoni. Fold dough over filling and seal edges well.
- Place on a greased pan or baking sheet. Brush with remaining dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Slice; serve with spaghetti sauce if desired.
1 each: 441 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.